Thursday, August 16, 2012

DREAMLESS "INSIGNIFICANCE" CDr (AOW 25)

Another new home-recorded Dreamless piece, this time in the form of a 53 minute guitar blowout that beguilingly bridges the gap between my work in Dreamless and my work as Lethe.  Not exactly HNW, but veering close in terms of sound saturation and intensity.  I've tried very much to make something both melodic and abrasive, a paean to much of the drone music I adore as well as to the "shoegaze" artists whose work Dreamless is so often compared to.  Guitars are stacked on top of each other and given the freedom to vomit feedback without restraint, creating a dense environment of distortion and scathing amplifier worship.  Computer processing and editing was used to achieve the necessary immensity.
I've always envisioned Dreamless as a musical vehicle I could use to explore my varied aesthetic interests.  "Insignificance" is the first part in an ongoing process.  Packaged in a DVD case in a limited edition of 10 hand-numbered copies.  $10 ppd. in the United States, $18 rest of world.

-Cory Strand

ORDER HERE: www.altarofwasterecords.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment