Sunday, August 12, 2012

DREAMLESS "A LITANY OF FAILURE: HOME RECORDINGS/COVERS" CDr (AOW 24)

Another collection from my band proper Dreamless, mostly all covers I did at home by myself in the summer of 2012.  I took a really straightforward approach to these songs, but they all have the distinctly raw and abrasively dense sound that's come to define the Dreamless aesthetic.  These are songs by artists that I listened to relentlessly in high school and college, material that's come to have a huge influence on both my guitar playing and songwriting.  Pavement, Silkworm, Neil Young-these artists meant the world to me then.  They still do!  A lot of this stuff is really simple and shot through with a certain sadness, and it was a joy to record it.
I added one new Dreamless track to the record as well, a rough recording of "I'm Fucking Everything Up."  This will more than likely appear on the second full length that we'll do for Handmade Birds at an unknown time in the future.  I think it charts the direction the sound is heading in pretty well.
I'm putting this out on Altar Of Waste with two different covers, with artwork and packages assembled and constructed by me, in a limited edition of 10 hand-numbered copies.  Tracklist is the same for both packages.  $10 ppd. in the United States, $18 rest of world.  There is a downloadable version on my Bandcamp page, with two alternate mixes of "I'm Fucking Everything Up" as bonus tracks.

-Cory Strand

ORDER HERE: www.altarofwasterecords.storenvy.com
BANDCAMP: http://corystrand.bandcamp.com/album/a-litany-of-failure-home-recordings-covers

No comments:

Post a Comment