Thursday, December 12, 2013

CORY STRAND "EVERYTHING LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE" C60 (VAGARY RECORDS)

My entry in James Killick's rebooted "Infinity Series" is probably one of my favorite things I've recorded lately, a gorgeous expanse of hyperkinetic vaguely melodic ambient noise walls that somehow subvert the form but hold to its tenets as well.  I think of myself primarily as a drone/ambient artist who also swims in the HNW pool, so being invited to contribute to this prestigious series was a huge honour for me, and I hope I've done it justice.  If you've enjoyed my work in the past, you'll love this one (at least I think you will).  Utilizing Meat Loaf's flawless song "I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)" as well as elements from the songs "Life Is A Lemon (And I Want My Money Back)" and "Everything Louder Than Everything Else" (a song so awesome and anthemic that I stole the title for this release!) as source material, this tape is shot through with a desperate yearning and a profound sense of want.  It is simply massive!  It will also numb you into submission with its ridiculous repetition, a sort of krautrock destructathon.  I have 2 copies available for sale, and it's already sold out through Vagary.  Don't snooze on it!  $8 ppd. in the United States, $20 rest of world.

ORDER HERE: www.altarofwasterecords.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment