Thursday, May 22, 2014

HEAVY METAL VOMIT PARTY "LONG COLD WINTER OF FIRE AND ICE AND CLICHES BUT LACKING BLACK METAL" CDr (AOW 180)

The first of two HMVP albums scheduled for release through AOW, "Long Cold Winter..." is an awesomely layered blast of dense and tortured HNW crafted by Joe the Stache in honor (dishonor?) of 1980s pop/hair metal icons Cinderella.  I personally remember when I was about 10 years old my dad LOVED Cinderella-on long car trips we'd listen to "Shelter Me" over and over, and I loved every minute of it, so when Joe offered me this album for release I agreed right away. 
I will reiterate that I think Joe makes some of the most rewarding HNW in the circle today (check out Extreme Chafing if you haven't already!)-his work is always extraordinarily well-crafted, hyper-layered, and overloaded with psychedelic texture and detail.  This one is no different-using Cinderella's "Long Cold Winter" tape as source, HMVP deconstructs and utterly destroys every aspect of the original, creating a bleak, cold, but ultimately tongue-in-cheek suite of devastation and a rejection of the cookie-cutter banality that defined hair metal.
Packaged in a DVD case in a limited edition of 15 hand-numbered copies.  $10 ppd. in the United States, $23 rest of world.

ORDER HERE: www.altarofwasterecords.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment