Saturday, August 16, 2014

CORY STRAND "HYPNOTHERMIA" CDr (AOW 165C)

PLEASE NOTE: After discussions between Nar and myself, we've decided to offer all of the albums from our split singly.  The box set will still be available for those that want it; we just recognize it's quite expensive, especially for our friends overseas, and we both love the works enough that we want people to be able to acquire them in a more affordable manner.  The albums themselves are not numbered, as the numbering was done on the box sets.  Each album is an edition of 15.

My first album for the split is an evocation of black metal's primacy, numbing repetition and lofi severity; the two pieces here represent a further blurring of the lines between my myriad projects, as you can hear elements of both Dreamless and Fantome De Sang here, married to my psychedelic wallcraft.  There was considerable effort and desire from me and Nar to make these records different and special, and I feel we truly achieved it.  "Hypnothermia" stands as a personal favorite amongst my works, blending the warmth of an organic, improvised approach with the frigid digital intensity of wall manipulation.
Packaged in a DVD case in an unnumbered edition of 15 copies (only the box sets were numbered.)  $10 ppd. in the United States, $23 rest of world.

ORDER HERE: www.altarofwasterecords.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment