Monday, May 25, 2015

CORY STRAND "TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME - COMPLETE" 3CDr + BONUS CDr + DVD-R (AOW 63) (REISSUE)

In honor of the fantastic news regarding the new "Twin Peaks" series, I have reissued my long out of print rework of the "Fire Walk With Me" soundtrack, along with a wealth of bonus material.  This version features totally different artwork and two extra discs of music (a lengthy ambient rework of "The Nightingale" and an HNW "Totality" rework of the film's entire audio track.)  All told, over three hours of new sounds added to the original album, so even if you have the original release, this may be worth your time.  Here's my description of the OST rework:

I don't think I need to really explain my affinity for David Lynch.  Before Altar Of Waste I was making a series of Lynch inspired recordings as Lethe, and I'd like to think some of his aesthetic has carried over into the work I've done since.  "Fire Walk With Me: A Reinterpretation" takes as its source material the soundtrack to Lynch's woefully underrated Twin Peaks prequel film and attempts to map out the darker spaces hidden betwixt the gorgeously soothing melodies of Angelo Badalamenti and David Lynch's masterful score.  Washes of hanging empty ambience are paired alongside severe walls of crumbling bass architecture, culminating in an evocation of violence so radiant it deadens the stars.  The surreal has been given leave to wreak its havoc on the wavering pockets of reality Lynch so effectively brought to light with his complex and bizarre series; the music here is my interpretation of some of that havoc.  The owls are not what they seem.

Packaged in a DVD case in a limited edition of 5 hand-numbered copies.  $35 ppd. in the United States, $48 rest of world.

ORDER HERE: www.altarofwasterecords.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment